- Here's some links to opensource CAD software.
- If you haven't already got one on your system, this might come in handy.
- Take care though, i haven't installed and tested it yet, nor do i know if will be compatible with our cnc machine in the end.
- But it's a start and worth a try anyway.
- After the CNC is available several evenings/workshops need to be scheduled to get everybody up to speed in the manufacturing workflow (design->convert to machine code -> print)
- Found a nice looking software tool to convert text to g-code :
installing replicator G under windows
I made a zipfile with all the depencies to install following software under windows:
- replicator G
-- depencies: python 2.6
-- depencies: python 2.6, numpy 1.6.1, scipy 0.10.1, PIL 1.1.7
download at: http://www.filefactory.com/file/872cncqnt1d/n/cadpy_windows.zip (slow (free) download available at the bottom))
Kefcom 20:15, 30 April 2012 (EDT)