What do you want to do at the hackerspace, what projects are you currently working on?
I'm converting vehicles (karts, cars) to electric vehicles, I'm planning on building my own plane, I'm building my own DIY biochemical genetics laboratory, I have various online software projects, I love Lego, small hardware hacking, etc. in general. I have some space for most of these projects in my own workshop/garage/lab but a hackerspace may open up other opportunities for more projects.
- media Wiki --> Semantic MediaWiki
- Toxic Solder fume filter
- The annoy-o-tron Alfa (Base on Atari punk console)
- Stuffed Tux
- Giving workshop Arduino 101
- Giving workshop Electronics 101 (soon to be expected)
- DIY analog synth/sequencer (not from a KIT but realy from the ground up)
- Arduino powered 3D dremel prototyper (ala RepRap)
- stuffed animals (with room to hide a fonera?)
- Construction wood enclosures (MAME cabinet)
I have a background in arts and crafts (especially jewellery design). My current obsession is to design and create my future home. Going from renovating an existing building, interior planning, domotica,... to designing and making the furniture, cutlery, cushions,etc... What I'm looking to find in the hackerspace is some new ideas, learn new technologies and crafts, or just to get some feedback on my project (while drinkin' some club mate ;-))
- Just finished renovating app'
- 6-Axes moving simulator platform using pneumatics(Design stage)
- Full HD Green Led Cinema projector, 6500lm 1920*1080 135w consumption (Material gathering)
- A lot of software projects
Background in IT (programming) and electronics. First thing I'll start with is repairing a broken Carver power amplifier. Next steps will be creating a DIY variable power supply and a function generator (in order to create some kind of electronics lab workbench). I'm also interested in programming on the Android platform, building wifi antennas, etc ... I hope the hackerspace will be a place where I can continue to work on several projects because right now I don't have sufficient space at home to do this.
Things I'm interested in:
- LED, blinkenlights
- Arduino related stuff (and learning to code again)
- Home automation
- RFID testing
- Building antennas
Coding my own Dropbox-for-personal-cluster-and-cloud-thingy litter http://www.github.com/thouters/ltr in python and using couchdb.
I'm messing around with some routers and modems trying to find out if could run linux on them (some do look promising).
I also got some nice gear lying around waiting to be hacked:
- 1) (does anyone know how to say "lichtkrant" in English ?;) ==> marquee according to one dic., moving screen according to another
- 2) quite a lot of HD44780-compatible lcd's (= freebies for the hackerspace)
- 3) some magnetic card readers
- 4) any other available items will be provided on an desire/need to use basis.
See my profile for more details.
- learning python
- having fun with php and mysql
Josto Help out
Good ventilation (sound proof 120 DB +)
Kitchen cleanup/mini renovation
Wifi Connection to Wireless Antwerp
Electricity in den Bunker
Changing den Bunker
|Item||Approved by landlord||When|
|Electricity (see a wee bit higher)||Partially||Done|
|Remove the stage in the small room||Yes||Done|
|Remove the half wall of the dj booth||Yes||Done|
|Hang folding tables on the walls of the big room||Yes||Done|
|Floor||For now, no||?|
- Rent a Bus to get to an back from Berlin
- renting, buying a big screen
- Decoration and creation of the Lounge area