Meeting minutes two
From VoidWarranties - Hackerspace Antwerp, Belgium
Revision as of 09:58, 20 September 2014 by Admin
Koert, Kristel, Stefan, Bkay and Anthony met at the Josto youth house to prospect a possible location for the hackerspace.
- The Josto youth house is a youth-operated place with usual bar, meeting rooms, kitchen, rooms for Chiro, ... (Koert is in the youth house's board)
- The basement is available for activities, and the people are excited about having a hackerspace as it fits in their mission statement (organizing events, etc)
- The basement (also referred to as "De Bunker") consists of ...
- two vaulted rooms (not very big, about 20-30 square meters?)
- a bar, which is also used by a band for their rehearsals on Saturday
- a hallway
- a few smaller rooms (looks like a DJ pit)
- The basement has all kinds of recently renovated facilities (electricity, lighting, heating) but is not used by the youth house
- In cooperation with the youth house, the basement may be made available to a hacker club, for free, with a few reasonable requests
- If we bring internet to the basement, the youth house also wants its share of the uplink (Wireless Antwerpen is a feasible way to bring internet into the building)
- We're not supposed to bring our own drinks, but buy them from the youth house's bar (==cheap). We can use the basement's bar for distributing drinks. If we want to expand the selection of drinks (e.g. include Club Mate or Jolt Cola) we can bring it ourselves
- If we're planning activities (like a workshop), the youth house wants to be mentioned as a co-organizer
- We're not supposed to change anything structurally unless it is in cooperation with the building's owner
- It is agreed to use this space as a preliminary space for future meetings every Wednesday (since the youth house is open on Wednesdays). If the hackerspace attracts too many people, we might move to a bigger space later on.
- In the next few weeks, we plan to
- Work on defining the hackerspace, working toward an official organization
- Clean up the basement for its initial use as a hackerspace
- Discuss practical details and some sort of formal agreement with the youth house's organization