You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
Return to Meeting minutes two.
People otherwise attending:
Koert, Kristel, Stefan, Bkay and Anthony met at the Josto youth house to prospect a possible location for the hackerspace.
* The Josto youth house is a youth-operated place with usual bar, meeting rooms, kitchen, rooms for Chiro, ... (Koert is in the youth house's board)
* The basement is available for activities, and the people are excited about having a hackerspace as it fits in their mission statement (organizing events, etc)
* The basement (also referred to as "De Bunker") consists of ...
** two vaulted rooms (not very big, about 20-30 square meters?)
** a bar, which is also used by a band for their rehearsals on Saturday
** a hallway
** a few smaller rooms (looks like a DJ pit)
* The basement has all kinds of recently renovated facilities (electricity, lighting, heating) but is not used by the youth house
* In cooperation with the youth house, the basement may be made available to a hacker club, for free, with a few reasonable requests
** If we bring internet to the basement, the youth house also wants its share of the uplink (Wireless Antwerpen is a feasible way to bring internet into the building)
** We're not supposed to bring our own drinks, but buy them from the youth house's bar (==cheap). We can use the basement's bar for distributing drinks. If we want to expand the selection of drinks (e.g. include Club Mate or Jolt Cola) we can bring it ourselves
** If we're planning activities (like a workshop), the youth house wants to be mentioned as a co-organizer
** We're not supposed to change anything structurally unless it is in cooperation with the building's owner
* It is agreed to use this space as a preliminary space for future meetings every Wednesday (since the youth house is open on Wednesdays). If the hackerspace attracts too many people, we might move to a bigger space later on.
* In the next few weeks, we plan to
** Work on defining the hackerspace, working toward an official organization
** Clean up the basement for its initial use as a hackerspace
** Discuss practical details and some sort of formal agreement with the youth house's organization
This is a minor edit
Watch this page