Who is Vettige Swa
Building the printer
How does this thing work
Turning it on
- Turn the printer on
- Turn on the computer
- Open the map 'Replicatorg' on the desktop > replicatorg > Run in Terminal (shortcut will be coming up soon)
- The program normally connects automatically with the 3D-printer. If it doesn't: Machine > Connection (Serial Port) > /dev/ttyACM1
- Now we're ready to do the callibration of the 3D-printer.
This must be done every time you turn on the printer
- Machine > Control Panel (CTrl +J)
- You can play with the axis to put the printer nozzle in the middle of the heated bed.
place it about 1 cm above the heated bed, but in the middle of the x and y axis
- click disable to turn of the steppermotors so you can turn the axis manually.
until the extruder head touches the heated bed (gently) make current position zero close control panel File > scripts > calibration >thing o matic calibration.gcode Gcode> build ctrl+B Option halt: continue build? > yes ...>ok
Printing a testmodel: File> examples>20 mm calibrationbox stl you'll see the model gcode>generate>/usr/bin/python2>ok the settings: do not touch until we figured the optimal settings Plastic: 1,82 extruder 0,4 printtemperature:230 ( it appears that the extruderhead is too hot on this temperature, the safety switch for the extruder head turns of, and starts to cool down) we'll try it on 220 generate now the different steps will be shown, you can see the different layers click buttons on the bottom of the page now wait.................... here's your gcode >gcode>build the machine will first heat up and then start building automaticly
progress log: gcode> gcode generator> skeinforge (47) works much better then skeinforge (50) printing results are much smoother and nicer
regulary clean the extruder head with a fine sandpaper to remove the build up and burned abs