|Visit CERN, I was wondering if people are interested in visiting the European Organization for Nuclear Research in the weekend. (Leaving sat morning, back on sunday morning). We will try to find the most efficient and cheapest solution. This way everyone can join us :)|
|Firemonkey, @j_somers, Kjell, TomD|
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is one of the world’s largest and most respected centres for scientific research. Its business is fundamental physics, finding out what the Universe is made of and how it works. At CERN, the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments are used to study the basic constituents of matter — the fundamental particles. By studying what happens when these particles collide, physicists learn about the laws of Nature.
The instruments used at CERN are particle accelerators and detectors. Accelerators boost beams of particles to high energies before they are made to collide with each other or with stationary targets. Detectors observe and record the results of these collisions.
- Depart Sat 01/10 - 6:40 71 euro incl taxes and fees Brussel airlines - BRU -Arriving 7:55 @Geneva airport
- 17 Min drive on bus "Y" to building 33 @CERN
- 3 Hour guided tour @CERN (Free)
- After this we can visit Geneva :)
- Sleep @ a youth hostel. (http://www.genevahostel.ch/index.php/en/our-price.html)
- Airplane leaving to brussel Sat 12:55 - 76 euro incl taxes and fees
Information about CERN => http://outreach.web.cern.ch/outreach/visites/groupes.html
We need a minimum of 8 people. (You can use the "discussion" tab above to add comments)
Add your name below if you are interested
- biertie (0x20)