| With so many ongoing IT related projects, its always good to have some control over the Network Traffic.
Enable some extra services at the space or block some traffic from outside the space would just be a nice-to-have-toy to play with.
- Ram: 64Mib (DDRII ram to be confirmed)
- Storage: 128Mib compactflash
- CPU: ??? (pentium II or III to be confirmed)
- Network: 5x 10/100Mbit
- Powerconsumption: ??? to be measured.
Firewall OS Possibilities
- Default Wathcguard OS (are you nuts?)
- pfSense (current amount of ram and compactflash storage are too small)
- other, suggestions are welcome
Status of the project
The existing compact flash image, with the watchguard has been backed up to the homedirectory of Barputer and is called FireboxV60. Should someone feel the desire to restore to factory defaults.
The compactflash has been flashed with M0n0wall, but no working serial output at the moment. Serial output is required for the first setup.