|Jobj, TomD, Kefcom, Tom, User:Ivom, 001|
|Cisco Packet Mayhem 00, Cisco Packet Mayhem 01, Cisco Packet Mayhem 02, Cisco Packet Mayhem 03, Cisco Packet Mayhem 04|
We teach ourselves Cisco related stuff:
proposals for day and frequency of workgroup?
- Saturdayevening Bi-weekly
- there are plenty of scenario's we can rebuild in Cisco's Packettracer.
- everyone brings a networking idea to the group and presents it as a challenge for the group to solve.
- to sharpen the troubleshooting skills, we need unforeseen troubles. Perhaps, in turn, one could be the troublemaker. (such as tampering with the cables, settings, and other kinds of mayhem ;-)
- more proposals
Little project ideas
Mostly useless projects, but fun for who's into tcp segments, ip packets, ethernet frames and bits (<-- terms are usefull for CCNA exam, atleast one has spotted the error ;-) Most can be tested in Cisco's Packet Tracer.
- How to make an infinite loop (well at least as long as the TTL of a packet isn't zero)
- Would it be possible to ping the next door computer but first route the packets around the world?
- If routing around the world has succeeded, could we collide the packets then? (So in fact we would have made the Large Ping Collider ;-)
- pxe booting cisco devices