|Creating a Counterstrike Source map of the hackerspace and surroundings|
To get started
information about 3D moddeling packages and using it in the map creation workflow:
- hammer: the map editor for the half life engine. Can be installed through Steam -> Source SDK
- sketchup: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SketchUp_Source_Tools
- blender: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Is_Blender_3D_Good_for_Source/How_to_Start
Guidelines for moddeling
- All polygon quad faces or triangles
- No concave faces (ie quad faces must be flat, triangles are always flat)
Guidelines for exporting to Hammer
Guidelines for setting up an internet server
css console can tell you a lot of the good stuff steam > (Right mouse Button) on Counter Strike Source > Propterties > (button) SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... > add the following, without the quotes: "-console"
port forwarding port 27015 for the server, but make sure you also allow an outgoing port for the clients: 27005
if you want to run your server over the internet, add at the counterstrike console:
- sv_lan 0
- ip "fill in your internet ip"
- "reload" might also be a useful command after you made some settings ;-)
Work in Progress
world TODO list:
- josto (pooltable is ready)
- josto backrooms
- office + storage
- fire stairs + sniper room
- den bunker: (lounge, gang, 2 backrooms, DOKA)
- hall (main entrance)
jawel ze. Normaal gezien toch.
URL is cs-s.friedkiwi.be .
247-126-178-46:~ yvan$ ping cs-s.friedkiwi.be PING cs-s.friedkiwi.be (18.104.22.168): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=0 ttl=111 time=71.689 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=1 ttl=111 time=81.586 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=2 ttl=111 time=90.466 ms --- cs-s.friedkiwi.be ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 71.689/81.247/90.466/7.669 m