From VoidWarranties - Hackerspace Antwerp, Belgium
Revision as of 01:11, 4 March 2015 by Berz
BobMarley is our network printer, which is often jammin'.
Using the printer
- Turn the printer on, the switch is on the front, bottom right
- When you're done printing, turn it off
- Check you are running CUPS: `ps aux | grep -i cupsd`
- Add the printer: `sudo lpadmin -p BobMarley -v socket://10.98.71.52:9100 -P /usr/share/ppd/HP/hp-laserjet_4mp-hpijs-pcl3.ppd.gz`
- You might get the driver file through your distribution's repository (it is in hplip in arch). Otherwise, get it link titlehere, save it to your filesystem and addapt the path in the above command accordingly.
- enable the printer: `sudo lpadmin -p BobMarley -E`
- use A4 paper: `sudo lpadmin -p BobMarley -o PageSize=A4`
What to do when BobMarley is jammin' (it still hopes we like jammin' too)
To think that jammin' was a thing of the past.
- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- have you tried this while removing the paper?