From VoidWarranties - Hackerspace Antwerp, Belgium
Revision as of 19:26, 29 March 2015 by Berz
BobMarley is our network printer, which is often jammin'.
Using the printer
- Turn the printer on, the switch is on the front, bottom right
- When you're done printing, turn it off
- Check you are running CUPS: `ps aux | grep -i cupsd`
- install the printer driver, hplip
- Add the printer: `sudo lpadmin -p BobMarley -v socket://10.98.71.52:9100 -P /usr/share/ppd/HP/hp-laserjet_4mp-hpijs-pcl3.ppd.gz`
- enable the printer: `sudo lpadmin -p BobMarley -E`
- use A4 paper: 'sudo lpadmin -p BobMarley -o PageSize=A4'
What to do when BobMarley is jammin' (it still hopes we like jammin' too)
To think that jammin' was a thing of the past.
- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- have you tried this while removing the paper?