Big Ass Screen
|Big Ass Screen|
| Piet was so kind to donate a huge retro projection screen to the space. The original 3 lens beamer is a bit old and has burnt in areas. But all the rest is in working condition.
Rob's idea was to replace the old beamer with a new, LCD HiDef projector, and possibly add a touchsensor. The possible applications for 'Big Ass Screen' are left to the hackerspace visitors.
|T0rx, TomD, Kefcom|
Big Ass Brainstorm :
- Add big ass multitouch feature
- Add big ass 3D projection features
- Build custom input interfaces or repurpose existing ones to optimally use 3D illusion/ interaction
- Play games on it, hook up c64, play more games
- Making it control center for big ass world domination or some other home automation project
- webCam Mouse Movement? :D link to project
It was deemed that the original projection system was beyond repair, because the 3 color CRT's are burnt in too much. Feeding the projector with an inverted image mask, to correct the burnt in areas, would render the projected image even dimmer as it already is. The image quality would be better if the whole projector would be replaced by a more recent LCD projetor.
At the moment the BAS is gutted, internal electronics have been removed and the first tests to fit in an LCD projector are done. Unfortunately the projected image in the screen is too small.
To fit in the LCD projector, succesfully we can either widening the projection beam (by using a wide angle lens) or lengthening the projection path (by using extra mirrors) or a combination of both. For this to work we need:
- wide angle lens for the LCD projector (the lenses of the old-CRT projector are too big to fit on the LCD projector)
- some mirrors