From VoidWarranties - Hackerspace Antwerp, Belgium
Revision as of 14:54, 26 November 2014 by Bob The Builder
|In a hackerspace a computer is needed everywhere, included behind the bar. So this project was born.|
- In a bar we need music. So we'll set up an MPD server connected to an amplifier to allow everyone to play there favorite music.
- Where we well beer and Mate Point of sales and Stock management software seems obvious.
- The person running the bar might also want to follow talks going on in the other room. So the system should be able to display webcasts.
What we have available
- CD-player (optional)
- Old laptop (2,53GHz Pentium IV)
- Serial barcode scanner
Thanks to all who have contributed hardware!
What we need
- Speaker cable
- Hang the speakers
- Find a permanent location for the Amplifier & CD player behind the bar
The MPD / djmount / MPDplayer software have been set up in the same way as the setup in http://0x20.be Whitespace. This setup is documented here.
Point of sales & Stock management
Using the Jostokassa application made by Koert