Building a war robot
|/home/firemonkey/, Den Bunker|
I always wanted to build a large metal "combat" robot. I suggest starting a workgroup around this. Maybe a belgian robotwar version ?
- Total weight must be under 200 kg
- The use of ballistic weapons is not allowed (Guns, Bow $ arrow, ...)
- All pyrotechnics, explosives, corrosives, liquids, electronic devices - e.g. radio jamming - are banned.
- The use of an Ai algoritme is allowed but must be running on the robot itself.
- Flying robots that use exposed rotating aerofoils are banned, although Hovercraft will be allowed.
- 'Cluster Bots or nano' - robots consisting of two or more components - are allowed. They must enter the arena as a single object and if 50% or more of the Cluster Bot is immobilised, the robot will be deemed to have lost that battle.
- Maximum dimensions are 2m by 1.4m
- A maximum of 60 volts AC or DC will be allowed. (Electric engines only)
- Hydraulic pressure is limited to 3000 psi/204 bar.
- Pneumatic pressure is limited to 1000 psi/68 bar.
- Must be self powered.
- Antenna strength must be under 600mw.
Building materials firemonkey:
4 x Chain 1.5m (5mm) 8 x Stainless steel wheel R7 cm with teeth. (5mm) 4 x Stainless steel wheel R3 cm with teeth (5mm) 1 x Stainless steel plate 1m 1m (2mm) 1 x Stainless steel plate 1m 0.5m (5mm) 2 x Windscreen motors 12v 1 x Intel atom board (ok) 1 x SSD 20gb (ok) 1 x Engine controller (usb or serial) 1 x 5Ghz Antenna 6 x Bearing 3 x Stainless steel rots 4 x Li-ion batteries 12 v7Ah or Nano condensators 12v 7000 kJ (if i can get them)