From VoidWarranties - Hackerspace Antwerp, Belgium
Revision as of 23:12, 25 November 2014 by Warddr
|We have a roland DPX-2000 A2 plotter, here are some instructions on how to use it.|
Generate HPGL code
HPGL can be generated with the nightly build of inkscape (or 0.91 once it is released) (the one in the current version sucks, and only allows an A4 to be plot).
- Convert everything to paths, other things will be ignored
- Go to file -- save as, and select HPGL
Settings HPGL export
- Make sure Nulpunt centraal (or center zero in English) is selected for our plotter
- Since for space reasons the plotter is upside down it can be interesting to set rotation to 180°
- Pen number can be from 1 to 8 (but 2 seems to be broken on our plotter), this is the pen from the pen selector that will be used for the print. Currently only 1 pen is supported, so if you 'd like more colors you have to split your design up in layers, make them visible and save them as HPGL one at a time, and plot them one at a time.
- Drukkracht pen' or pen pressure can best stay 0, the plotter will than auto adjust.
- Make sure to UNCHECK everything here, this is designed for vinyl cutters, not for pen plotters
- You don't have to change anything here.
Send the HPGL file to the plotter
use this command
cat yourfile.hpgl > /dev/lp0